Bob Legan is the leader of Whitnell’s Family Office Services practice and a senior member of the Investment Management team, whose mission is to advise families on financial and investment strategies that are aligned with their personal and financial goals. Bob is passionate about helping clients solve their complex problems and developing investment strategies that integrate with their strategic plans.
With over 20 years of experience in the financial services industry, Bob brings deep knowledge and an even keel demeanor to help guide client’s investment decisions.
Bob honed his in-depth, consultative approach to helping clients through his MBA studies at the University of Chicago and his experience as a Management Consultant. He has developed a strategic and rigorous approach to working with families, from understanding and analyzing their complex issues to providing comprehensive solutions. Bob has served as a trusted advisor in managing family’s multi-generational wealth, successfully transitioning family businesses and structuring family investment vehicles.
Bob prides himself on helping clients navigate today’s complex marketplace and implementing customized solutions that best fit clients’ needs. Bob serves as a member of Whitnell’s Investment Committee. In his role, Bob directs and manages the research process that helps to guide investment practices and decisions for clients.
Bob earned a Bachelor of Science in Accounting from the University of Illinois and an MBA with concentrations in Finance and Strategic Management from The University of Chicago Booth School of Business. Bob has attained industry designations, including CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional, Chartered Financial Analyst® charterholder, and Certified Public Accountant (CPA),
Bob and his wife, Ann, have two children, Katie and Jack, and reside in Western Springs, Il.
Outside of the office, you might find Bob on the baseball diamond or soccer field, coaching his children’s youth teams or even competing himself.
Discover The Team Behind Robert
Articles Written By Robert
- How A Family Office Reduces Complexity
- Is A Family Office Approach Right For Your Situation?
- Will You Be Happy After Selling Your Business?
- Are You Ready To Transition Your Business?
- Five Reasons Business Partners Need Formal Contingency Plans
- The Five Biggest Mistakes People Make When Transferring A Family Business To The Next Generation
- What To Do After Your Liquidity Event
- Transitioning Strategies For Family-Owned Businesses
- How To Build A Great Financial Team
- Why Does Your Money Need A Team?
- Is Your Greatest Asset At Risk?